Originally painted in 2014, and now again in 2019 ~ I think I can confidently call these colours vibrant : )
In my last post, I mentioned my plan to make good use of the body of work I have accumulated as a result last year’s six-word story challenge. I painted my first six-word painting a little over a month ago. Here is the second: She unplugged and instantly felt better. True story : )
Small painting : big title (yes, another six-word story).
I’ve been experimenting with my six-word stories again. Several months ago I created a couple of small mixed media versions by transferring printed words onto painted canvases. This time I’ve painted the words so that they are an integral part of an abstract landscape. I’m so pleased with the result that I’m already planning the next one…
These six-word stories were prompted by the Page Flutter Six-Word Story Challenge. I’m also posting a few favourites on Instagram. The background is a detail of a new work in progress.
26. Comfort food and junk TV. Perfect : )
27. Favourite family recipe? Simply being together.
28. Red or white for girls’ night? [as long as it has bubbles]
29. Their history fell between the cracks. [it’s all water under the bridge]
30. Our family motto: where’s the cat? [“here, puss puss puss puss puss”…]
1. Mum’s salmon mornay has become tradition.
2. The first night… silent and holy.
[November/December prompts: comfort food, family recipe, girls’ night, bygones, family motto, tradition, first night]