In my last post, I mentioned my plan to make good use of the body of work I have accumulated as a result last year’s six-word story challenge. I painted my first six-word painting a little over a month ago. Here is the second: She unplugged and instantly felt better. True story : )
I’ve been experimenting with my six-word stories again. Several months ago I created a couple of small mixed media versions by transferring printed words onto painted canvases. This time I’ve painted the words so that they are an integral part of an abstract landscape. I’m so pleased with the result that I’m already planning the next one…
These six-word stories were prompted by the Page Flutter Six-Word Story Challenge. I’m also posting a few favourites on Instagram. The background is a detail of a new work in progress.
20. Renewed, like a gift just opened.
21. You don’t see it? Watch me!
22. The underdog was a dark horse.
23. There is always one last chance.
24. In pursuit… a trail gone cold.
25. The oath was a four-letter word.
26. His hardheaded habits weren’t all bad.
[August prompts: renewed, watch me!, the underdog, last chance, in pursuit, the oath, hard habit.]
Two more mini paintings ~ the title is another of my six-word stories: “Working together, they proved everybody wrong”. It seemed as good a title as any.
The following six-word stories were prompted by the Page Flutter Six-Word Story Challenge. I’m also posting a few favourites on Instagram.
18. He misunderstood and swore under oath.
19. …pursuing him through time and space…
20. I’m happy to be a dreamer.
21. A pathfinder, she led by example.
22. Mea culpa, not “me cuppa”, autocorrect!
23. On the edge, circling and undecided.
24. Her biggest fear was not spiders.
[June prompts: under oath, the huntress, dreamer, pioneer girl, mea cuppa, on the edge, biggest fear…]